I’ve been working on this good for you muffin recipe with stick to your ribs goodness for a long time. I needed a muffin that wouldn’t leave me hungry again in an hour.
I think I’ve found it using these hearty ingredients – Omega-3 loaded flax seed, whole wheat pastry flour, antioxidant rich berries, and sliced almonds.
This muffin recipe won’t leave you hungry in an hour, and even better, it’s terrific with coffee!
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- ½ tbsp oil
- ½ cup fat free milk
- ¼ cup egg substitute 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries or sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray 6 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Toss berries in with dry ingredients. It helps keep them from clumping together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake 20 minutes until done.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.92g
Total Carbs: 22.96g
Dietary Fiber: 3.11g
Weight Watchers Points 3