Yahoo! It’s Saturday morning and time to make a weekend breakfast with an all time classic – french toast.
My husband loves to eat breakfast out. I hate eating breakfast out. Too many calories for my taste. I know, I could make calorie friendly choices, and I often do just that. I’ll order oatmeal, dry toast, poached eggs, veggie scrambles. Somehow it’s just not the same as ordering a great ham and cheese omelette, with bacon and hash browns. So we are having breakfast at home this morning.
I had a few eggs left, milk, my favorite low-calorie bread and fresh thyme. What could I do with that?
Make a breakfast sandwich! Meets my husbands need for a man size breakfast, and my need to keep the calories in check.
Serves Servings: 2
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 tsp thyme, fresh minced
- 4 slices light bread
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- Take one egg and one egg white and whip together with milk.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Dredge bread slices in egg and milk and cook in skillet for approximately 5 minutes per side. When bread is golden brown on one side, flip and top with sliced cheese.
- While bread is cooking, poach two eggs to desired doneness. Poaching keeps the fat content down.
- Sprinkle french toast and cheese with thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with an egg and another piece of french toast.
NUTRITION FACTS Amount Per Serving Calories: 373 Total Fat: 18.11g Cholesterol: 452mg Sodium: 610mg Total Carbs: 26.60g Dietary Fiber: 6.99g Sugars: 2.67g Protein: 25.15g
Old Weight Watchers Points 8
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.