Asparagus is such a versatile vegetable!
You can use it in stir fries, grill it, make soups out of it, or simply steam it and serve it cold as an appetizer.
This recipe from Big Oven uses fresh mint (for which I have tons in the garden), capers and lemon to add big flavor to this wonderful vegetable.
Happy, healthy cooking!
Serves Servings: 4
- 3/4 small Onion, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Capers, rinsed & chopped
- 1 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Mint leaf, minced
- 1 pound Thin asparagus
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate onion and salt in a bowl for 30 minutes. Add the capers, lemon juice & mint leaf & marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Steam asparagus until tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Toss the still warm asparagus with the marinade & add salt & pepper.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 34 Total Fat: 0.13g Cholesterol: -- Sodium: 35mg Total Carbs: 7.19g Dietary Fiber: 2.90g Sugars: 3.36g Protein: 2.83g
Old Weight Watchers Points 1