As I’ve said in the past, seafood is becoming my new chicken. I’m often at odds with how to cook it in new and interesting ways.
As I perused the contents of my freezer, the package of tilapia I’d purchased at Costco glared at me with disdain. It was unopened and feeling neglected. I had run out of cooking inspiration, so there it sat.
But the guilt of not getting healthy fish into the weekly menu overwhelmed me, so out came the tilapia.
After extensive deliberation, I decided a seafood salad was in order, and this mild white fish would work well with a garlicky Caesar dressing. Tilapia needs something to give it zip.
Turns out tilapia makes a terrific seafood salad, especially when you add Caesar dressing and a few croutons.
Have a terrific weekend everyone!
Shake it Up!
No tilapia? How about shrimp? Any white fish will work just fine too. Halibut or cod.
- 1 pound tilapia filets, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup basil, leaves, cut into slivers
- ½ ea lemon , juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 cups lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1 cup croutons
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add tilapia and gently cook for 3 - 5 minutes until cooked through. Remove to a plate and cover with foil.
- Combine basil, lemon, garlic, Worcestershire, olive oil, mayonnaise, water, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place lettuce on four plates, distribute onion and grape tomatoes. Top with tilapia, croutons and lettuce.
- Serve with dressing.
Calories: 293kcal Weight Watchers PointsPlus 7 Saturated fatty acids: 3.84g Monounsaturated fatty acids: 7.29g Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 2.71g Total fat: 13.84g Calories from fat: 124 Cholesterol: 63mg Carbohydrate, by difference: 12.49g Total dietary fiber: 1.60g Protein: 29.14g
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.