Start the day right with these healthy vegetable packed carrot, zucchini and potato patties served with protein-packed fried eggs. (This post is sponsored by Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs in honor of National Breakfast Month.)
I’ve always been a breakfast eater, with fried eggs topping my list of favorite meals. For a mere 80 calories, I get 6 grams of protein to start my day off with enough energy to last for a few hours until snack time calls my name.
This makes National Breakfast month a natural celebration for me, and a good time to share Pete and Gerry’s organic eggs.
I’m fortunate to have coworkers with chicken coops, so I have easy access to eggs from chickens that have been humanely treated and fed well. Pete and Gerry have the same mission – to serve their customers quality eggs.
According to the company their eggs come from free ranging chickens who spend their days in large barns and pastures. The eggs are free of pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, and GMOs.
My way of celebrating Pete and Gerry’s commitment to the health of their chickens and the humans they sell their eggs to, is to make a vegetable packed potato patty with shredded carrots and zucchini, then serve my patties with fried eggs.
The best part of an organic egg is the deep, gorgeous color of the yolks, and for those of us that like our fried eggs with a runny yolk, a colorful yolk very important!
Don’t you just want to dive your fork into this plate of veggie patties and eggs? This is definitely the way to start the day.
If you’d like to purchase Pete and Gerry’s eggs you can use their store finder to locate a store near you. They’re also offering one reader in the US two free coupons, so sign up with Rafflecopter and we will pick a winner on Monday, September 12, 2016.
A big thanks to Pete and Gerry for sharing their eggs, and happy National Breakfast month!
Carrot, Zucchini, and Potato Patties with Fried Eggs
20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 4 cups potato, shredded
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups carrot , shredded
- 1 cup green onion, sliced and divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Press potatoes, carrots, zucchini with paper towels to remove extra moisture and place in a large bowl.
- Add green onion, olive oil, flour, egg whites, salt, and pepper. Combine gently.
- Divide mixture into quarters.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, spray with cooking spray and form 4 large patties, placing them in the skillet.
- Brown for 6 - 8 minutes on one side, them flip and cook another 6 - 8 minutes on the other side. If patties start to burn before cooked in the middle, turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Place patties on plates.
- Using the same pan over medium heat, spray with cooking spray and crack four eggs into the pan. Cook covered for 3 - 5 minutes depending on how well done you like your egg yolk.
- Serve patties with fried eggs sprinkled with remaining green onion.
Food energy: 274kcal
Weight Watchers Smart Points 8
Saturated fatty acids: 1.98g
Total fat: 6.91g
Carbohydrate, by difference: 39.83g
Total dietary fiber: 4.90g
Total sugars: 4.58g
Periodically, Mother Rimmy’s hosts giveaways for readers. These events are sponsored by brands I approve of. I use Rafflecopter as a fair means to choose winners. The intent of giving away products is to add fun to this site and is not meant to be a form of gambling or sweepstakes.