As far as I’m concerned there is no better way to spend my time then at a farmer’s market, especially when a find treasures like this Pappardelle pasta.
I love the abundance of colors, smelling the fresh produce and breads, and the vendors ready to tell me all about their products and allow me to sample their goods.
This week I stopped by a local market that was selling Pappardelle pasta. The young man was very enthusiastic as he helped me make a decision as to which of the colorful pastas I would purchase. The variety was amazing! It was a tough decision as I marveled at the colorful linquini, spaghetti and pasta blends, all with recipes provided to give them a try. How great is that!
I finally settled on the Pacific Rim blend. The pasta was such an amazing work of art, I couldn’t pass it up. I had the ingredients the recipe called for, and Asian sauce sounded fantastic.
I call this trip to the market a success. Happy cooking!
- ½ pound pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 8 ounces grilled chicken breast, cubed
- ¼ cup green onion, diced?1 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell (capsicum) peppers, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- Sauce Ingredients
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1. Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and allow to sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- 2. Combine sauce with remaining ingredients and chill for 30 minutes.
What’s good for me in this dish?
Chicken is a complete protein, with less saturated fat than beef. Much of the fat is in the skin, so it is best eaten without the skin, with chicken breasts being the leanest choice. Chicken provides 67% of your daily protein needs. It also has cancer protecting B vitamins, including Niacin and B6 for energy.
Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable, and a powerhouse of nutrition. Vitamins C, K, A, folate, fiber, manganese, tryptophan and potassium help the body fight bladder, ovarian and prostate cancer. Broccoli is good for detoxification and stomach health; as well as cardiac and vision health. Wow!
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 23.59g
Total Carbs: 26.61g
Dietary Fiber: 3.29g
Weight Watchers Points 10
Nutrition details obtained from whfoods.org, nutritiondata.com, about.com, and abouthomecooking.com.