During the holidays, I discovered this delicious crustless quiche recipe from Eating Curiously.
Since Mr. Mike and I have been skipping the gluten lately, this crustless quiche fit right into our eating plan.
Naturally, I made a few adjustments so the recipe fit what I had on hand, which included a few slices of smoky bacon.
Who doesn’t love bacon and eggs!
If you’re not eating gluten free or dairy free, swap the gluten free flour for whole wheat flour, and the almond milk with cow’s milk if you prefer.
How lucky could this mother-in-law get! I’ve added a lovely cook to the family, and she’s cooking for my son. It doesn’t get better than that.
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped into small pieces
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- ¼ cup parsley
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a pie plate with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon ahead of time. You can microwave it on a plate lined with paper towel until it's crisp if you prefer.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, then add onion and cook for 3 - 5 minutes to soften.
- Add spinach, thyme and parsley and cook another 1 - 2 minutes, stirring to mix up the spinach, until it lightly wilts. Remove from heat.
- Whip eggs, milk, and flour, then season with salt and pepper.
- Layer bacon on the bottom of the pie plate, then add the spinach mixture.
- Press the vegetables into the egg mixture and bake for 30 - 40 minutes until quiche is set in the middle and no longer runny.
Saturated fatty acids: 3.57g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 4.94g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1.91g
Total fat: 10.42g
Calories from fat: 93
Carbohydrate, by difference: 6.81g
Total dietary fiber: 0.95g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.