These days even folks who don’t have health issues are opting to eat gluten free, and with company coming for breakfast, I wanted to make sure I was pleasing everyone.
Flipping through the pages of The Everything Eating Clean Cookbook, I found exactly what I was looking for.
To make this a gluten free version of the original recipe, I swapped out the whole wheat flour for Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour. Then I added an extra egg (sometimes Bob’s needs some extra ooomph), and tossed in a handful of raisins.
Ta-da! Gluten Free Pumpkin . . . muffins? Bars?
My darling sister-in-law gave me a fun baking dish for Christmas that I couldn’t wait to use, and this was the perfect opportunity.
These bars worked well, and had a custard-like texture with a spicy sweetness thanks to a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Even better, they were a hit with our gluten free and non-gluten free guests alike. You can’t beat that!
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour Mix, whole wheat flour or flour
- ½ cup flaxmeal
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup almond milk, or lowfat milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Combine flour, flax meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix together the pumpkin, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine ingredients and add walnuts.
- The original recipe called for 12 muffin cups in a muffin tin. Alternatively spray a 9 x 13" baking dish with cooking spray and spread out the batter.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into 18 slices.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 3
Saturated fatty acids: 0.55g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 0.74g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1.60g
Total fat: 2.89g
Calories from fat: 26
Carbohydrate, by difference: 21.86g
Total dietary fiber: 4.10g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
If you need some friendly cooking advice, chat with me at Wizpert.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.