Isn’t this a colorful salad?
I’m always looking for new salad recipes. Salads are a terrific way to get your veggies in, but they can certainly be boring if you eat them on a daily basis.
This salad from Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook was really tasty. Next time I’ll add chopped hard boiled egg to make the salad a meal. That and a whole wheat roll would really make this a great lunch or dinner!
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (I used light)
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves (I didn't have fresh, or I would have used that)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cups lettuce
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 large greek olives
- Blend cheese, lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, ground pepper and 2 water and puree in blender.
- In large salad bowl combine remaining ingredients except olives and toss with dressing.
- Top with olives.
Nutrition Information 121 calories 9 g fat 480 mg sodium 2 g fiber 5 g protein Old Weight Watchers Points 3