I love the colors in this colorful green bean and red bell pepper saute. It makes the perfect side dish for any entree.
The peppers and onions, combined with the vinegar and tomato jam, make a really nice sauce for the steamed green beans.
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, sweet yellow or red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sage, fresh and thinly sliced
- 4 cups green beans , petite
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon tomato jam
- Coat large non-stick saucepan with cooking spray. Add onion, pepper and garlic and cook for 30 minutes covered over medium-low heat until very tender.
- In the meantime steam green beans until tender, not mushy, but tender.
- Add sage, vinegar and green beans to onion saute and cook another 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 0.27g
Total Carbs: 17.82g
Dietary Fiber: 5.21g
Weight Watchers Points 1