Spice up your green salad with a sweet and spicy basil vinaigrette.
In my opinion, it’s a crime if you don’t take advantage of the fresh basil we have available this time of year. I love the sweet and spicy flavor basil gives this simple vinaigrette.
Be sure to add fresh greens and tomatoes from the local farmers market, and top with salty Parmesan cheese. You’ll be amazed at the difference fresh local veggies make in your cooking. They really take a meal to a whole different level.
- 4 tablespoons basil, minced
- 4 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 8 cups lettuce, mixed greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1. Combine dressing ingredients in a blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Toss with lettuce and tomato.
- 3. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 8.12g
Total Carbs: 8.60g
Dietary Fiber: 2.02g
Weight Watchers Points 3