My husband LOVES mushrooms. I have to say, I’m not a big mushroom fan. For some reason they just don’t appeal to me. We can’t like everything, right?
Knowing he loves them, I make them quite often. You can buy a big container of button, or baby bella mushrooms at our local Costco for a few dollars. Not a big investment.
This mushroom salad recipe from Cooks.com sent my husband into fits of happy eating sounds, so I decided I’d better share it with you.
I admit, I added garlic. I just couldn’t help myself.
- 1 lb. lg. white mushrooms, such as shitake or portabello
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat grill.
- Prepare marinade of 2 tbs olive oil, vinegar and parsley.
- Remove and discard a slice from the bottom of each mushroom stem.
- Wipe mushrooms with clean cloth and brush with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Brush foil with 1 tbs olive oil and add mushrooms. Drizzle another tbs of olive oil over the top. Fold foil over and grill.
- Cook mushrooms rounded sides down until they are just tender. Remove and let cool.
- Quarter and toss with dressing. Serve.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 17.22g
Total Carbs: 5.99g
Dietary Fiber: 1.76g
Weight Watchers Points 4