If you want to wow your family and make the best grilled sandwiches ever, invest in a panini grill. I’ve seen panini recipes all over the blogosphere, from savory to sweet.
I even had a panini feast at my house a few months ago. The family loved it! We set up platters of fixins, and everyone made their own.
Better yet, when life gets crazy as it currently is, you can take a few simple ingredients and make a meal fit for a king. I grilled some presliced portobello mushrooms, added some chopped sun-dried tomatoes, cheese and a really great sprouted wheat bread, and we had a feast.
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced 1 thick
- 4 tablespoons sun dried tomato, chopped
- 2 slices low fat colby cheese
- 4 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tsp butter
- 4 slices sprouted wheat bread
- Preheat panini grill.
- Grill sliced portobello on panini grill until just tender. About 3 minutes.
- Remove from grill.
- Spread mustard on bread slices.
- Top with mushrooms and chopped sun-dried tomato and cheese.
- Grill until cheese melts. About 4 - 5 minutes.
Nutrition details obtained from whfoods.org, nutritiondata.com, about.com, and abouthomecooking.com.