Treat your family to these grilled chicken tender sandwiches with fragrant rosemary and woodsy mushrooms.
Oroweat sells sandwich rolls that I’ve been buying for quite awhile now, so when Foodbuzz offered featured publishers an opportunity to write a review, I jumped at the chance to make a chicken tender sandwich with them.
Oroweat offers a variety to choose from. Whole grain, rye, bagel, honey wheat and even a sub sandwich style. I buy them because of the high fiber content and they are free of high fructose corn syrup! They can be purchased at any grocery chain. Costco sells them in bulk very inexpensively.
These rolls are a hit at the office with my weight watching friends, and my husband likes less bread and more beef with his burgers, so he’s a happy camper.
The grill needed some cleaning, so I’ve used my indoor grill to create a moist and tender chicken sandwich with the Oroweat Sandwich Thins Foodbuzz sent my way.
This chicken tender sandwich was moist and tender thanks to a bath in buttermilk and rosemary. Topped with sauteed mushrooms and Swiss cheese, this is a low calorie burger you can eat without guilt.
Thank you Foodbuzz and Oroweat!
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 6 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 slices light Swiss cheese , sliced
- 4 ea Oroweat Sandwich Thins
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1. Pour buttermilk and rosemary sprigs into a zip lock bag and add chicken tenders. Marinade for 2 hours or up to overnight.
- 2. Remove chicken from the bag and throw away the marinade.
- 3. Heat grill to medium and grill chicken 3 - 5 minutes per side, depending on how thick the chicken tenders are. Chicken should no longer be pink inside.
- 4. Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add sliced mushrooms and cook 6 - 8 minutes until mushrooms are tender and slightly browned.
- 5. Place one piece of cheese on the top of each sandwich thin, and either broil under the oven broiler, or warm on the grill until the cheese melts.
- 6. Top sandwich thins with chicken, mushrooms, dijon mustard and mayonnaise.
What’s good for me in this dish?
Whole wheat bread contains fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6 and several minerals. One of the biggest benefits of whole wheat bread over refined white flour breads is the boost in fiber. Most people don’t get enough fiber in their diet. Fiber is necessary to keep your digestive system functioning at its best.
Total Fat: 6.66g
Total Carbs: 9.36g
Dietary Fiber: 11.82g
Weight Watchers Points 5