Ever since the kids left home, I just can’t figure out how to cook for two.
I always have leftovers to reinvent into another meal. This week it’s grilled tri-tip roast. I’m not keen on the calories in a French Dip, so I found this steak salad recipe from Cooking Light.
The caper dressing was fantastic with the beef. The only thing I added was some grated parmesan cheese when I served the salad. Really a great way to use up leftover steak of any kind.
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, trimmed (in my case leftover tri-tip roast)
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups (1-inch) cut green beans (about 1/2 pound)
- 4 cups trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 (7.75-ounce) can hearts of palm, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare salad, place the beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut the steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Place beef in a large bowl.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan; add beans. Cover and cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Add beans, watercress, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, and hearts of palm to beef, and toss gently to combine.
- To prepare dressing, combine red wine vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat.
- Calories: 224 (29% from fat)
- Fat: 7.3g (sat 2g,mono 3.3g,poly 0.5g)
- Protein: 27.3g
- Carbohydrate: 16.8g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Calcium: 114mg
Weight Watchers Points 4