If you want your family to eat their veggies, stuff them into anything they love.
Do they like pork chops? Stuff them with mushrooms and spinach.
Or is it chicken they love? You can stuff chicken breasts too!
But stuffing chicken breasts and pork is old news to me. I wanted to create something unexpected – a meaty muffin with a surprise inside.
How fun is this? A ground turkey muffin stuffed with those Mediterranean flavors people love – olives, capers, and feta cheese.
Not to mention the dreaded spinach.
Cut your muffin in half and inside there’s a colorful, cheesy, savory surprise. I say stuff it, and they’ll be intrigued enough to give it a try.
Happy, healthy cooking!
Serves 1 turkey muffins each
15 minsPrep Time
30 minsCook Time
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon light balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette
- ½ cup low fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil, and place a muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray on top.
- Combine spinach, green onion, capers, olives, 2 tablespoons light balsamic dressing and feta cheese in a bowl.
- Combine turkey, oregano, Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon light balsamic dressing and quinoa in another bowl.
- Take 1/2 cup turkey mixture in your hand. Take 3/4 of that mixture and put it in a muffin tin. Spread it out to make a cup, then fill the cup wit 1/6 of the spinach mixture. Top it with the remaining turkey mixture in your hand. (See picture.)
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until turkey is cooked through.
Calories: 209 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 5 Total Fat: 9.73g Cholesterol: 63mg Sodium: 411mg Total Carbs: 9.23g Dietary Fiber: 1.79g Sugars: 0.85g Protein: 18.83g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.
If you’re looking for healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.