Egg strata recipes can be packed with calories, but not this one! With ham, spinach and peppers in the mix, it’s a healthy and super delicious alternative.
As if I wasn’t having fun enough with my two-year old nephew, Blake, I’m now fortunate to have Grayson to spoil too!
You’ve seen Blake featured here on many an occasion. After all, his aunt is a cook and loves to feed the little guy!
Grayson made his grand entrance into the world a few weeks ago, and naturally that meant Auntie needed to make some comfort food for Mom and Dad.
After all, rest in that household wasn’t going to happen for several weeks to come. Those of us who have had an infant and a toddler in the house, know how exhausting those first few days are.
A ham and cheese strata is the perfect meal contribution. It can serve as breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Even better, this easy egg recipe keeps in the frig for several days – a must for new moms and dads who have to grab a bite whenever they can.
And it’s hearty enough to stick to your ribs for hours to come.
Welcome to the family Grayson – Auntie can’t wait to spoil you rotten!
Happy, healthy cooking!
45 minsPrep Time
30 minsCook Time
- 8 cups whole grain bread , cubed
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- ? cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, finely minced
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 cups ham , chopped
- 2 ½ cups low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 large egg
- 4 large egg white
- ½ cup low fat sour cream
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine spinach, shallot, thyme, red pepper and ham in a large bowl.
- Whip eggs, sour cream, milk, mustard, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Layer 4 cups of bread on the bottom, then top with 1/2 the spinach mixture, and 1 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining bread, spinach mixture and cheese, then pour egg over the top.
- Cover with foil and chill for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Leave covered and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 - 15 minutes until egg is set and cheese is lightly browned.
Calories: 255 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 6 Total Fat: 8.97g Cholesterol: 163mg Sodium: 837mg Total Carbs: 17.63g Dietary Fiber: 1.74g Sugars: 2.11g Protein: 24.14g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.
If you’re looking for healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.