I get so bored with the same old salads, so I decided to try this Harvest Salad from Cooking Light Magazine.
What a great salad recipe! Creamy butternut squash, brown rice, red pepper, corn and basil. I would never have thought to combine these ingredients together, but they really blend into terrific salad.
The only change I made to this recipe was to roast the squash instead of steaming. I wanted to bring out the nutty, sweet flavor.
- 1 small butternut squash, halved, seeded and sliced into 1" slices
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Steam squash until tender. About 10 minutes. Cool and cut into 1/2" pieces.
- Combine squash with remaining ingredients except Parmesan and chill.
- Serve on lettuce lined plates and top with cheese.
3.1 g fat
2.7 g fiber
Old Weight Watchers Points 3