Just as I promised, I’m going to be posting meals that will help you stay trim during the holiday season. This easy salmon recipe weighs in at 285 calories, and is loaded with good for you ingredients.
The holidays can be stressful enough, so why not eat well when you aren’t at those dinner parties and family gatherings. You’ll avoid the holiday weight gain, and feel fantastic!
- 8 ounces salmon filets
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups mushroom , sliced
- ½ large red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ tablespoon thyme, minced
- ½ tablespoon oregano
- ½ medium lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese , shredded
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Sprinkle salmon with lemon pepper and wrap in foil. Bake in oven for 20 minutes until salmon is opaque and just flakes at its thickest point.
- 2. Preheat non-stick skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Add olive oil and saute peppers for 3 minutes. Add broccoli and stir fry, adding chicken broth as needed to keep from burning. Cook 5 minutes until crisp-tender.
- 3. Add mushrooms and remaining ingredients, except cheese. Cook another 5 minutes until veggies are just tender.
- 4. Serve salmon and veggies topped with cheese.
What’s good for me in this dish?
Salmon is loaded with tryptophan, vitamin D, omega 3 fatty acids, selenium, protein, vitamins B3 and B12, phosphorus, and magnesium. Salmon is another powerhouse of nutrition that promotes brain health, heart health and good blood pressure.
Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable, and a powerhouse of nutrition. Vitamins C, K, A, folate, fiber, manganese, tryptophan and potassium help the body fight bladder, ovarian and prostate cancer. Broccoli is good for detoxification and stomach health; as well as cardiac and vision health. Wow!
Total Fat: 11.35g
Total Carbs: 12.73g
Dietary Fiber: 4.77g
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 8
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.