Okay, I’m getting the hang of cooking with six ingredients. The key is to take a recipe and use key ingredients that give it the most kick!
Tonight’s Herbed Quinoa with Shrimp and Zucchini from Fitness Magazine is a perfect example. I skipped the garlic, so I could keep some fresh basil and chives. Perfect choice if I do say so myself.
- * 1 cup water
- * 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- * 1 garlic clove, minced
- * 1 tbsp. olive oil
- * 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- * 3 ounces frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- * 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil and chives
- * 1 lemon
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil, lower heat to simmer, and cover for 10 to 15 minutes until all water is absorbed ( I had to add additional water).
- Saute zucchini in oil, and cook for 6 minutes, or until tender. Toss shrimp in pan with zucchini for an additional 3 minutes, to warm.
- Fluff cooked quinoa with fork and toss with zucchini, shrimp and fresh herbs. Squeeze lemon juice on top.
- Calories 225
- Total Fat (g) 10
- Saturated Fat (g) 1.5
- Carbohydrate (g) 32
- Fiber (g) 4
- Protein (g) 15
Weight Watchers Points 7
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.