I’m on a turkey burger kick lately.
I believe it’s because the weather in Seattle has been cold and rainy for so long, that if I pretend it’s barbecue season, the sun might actually shine for more than a few hours at a time.
In an attempt to keep these gloomy days from getting to me, I decided to grill turkey sliders.
While I assembled my patties, I visualized a lovely summer day. Friends and family were gathered around the grill with drinks in hand, chatting away. Everyone was enjoying the wonderful food I’d made them, and complimenting my amazing cooking skills.
Okay – I realize I’m getting carried away with my fantasy, but I can dream, can’t I?
I’m fortunate to have a covered deck, so we can grill anytime, but this night it was just too cold and nasty to make it worth the effort to stand out in the cold grilling burgers. These turkey burgers were grilled on the stove top.
Making a concession to my husband’s love of Hawaiian rolls, his turkey slider was served up with fresh tomato and a dollop of dijon.
Who knows, maybe this week the weather will decide to give us Seattle folks a break – but if not, I always have my fantasies.
Healthy cooking tip . . .
The nonstick stove top grill pictured in this post cost less than $40, and I use it all the time. Just be sure to look for a quality product. I’ve purchased cheaper versions, and was disappointed when I had to toss them in the garbage when food burned on with a crust so hard, it couldn’t be removed with a hammer and chisel.
- 20 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh minced
- 1 tablespoon sage, fresh minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, fresh finely chopped
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1. Combine ingredients in a bowl and score into six sections.
- 2. Preheat a non-stick stove top grill over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- 3. Mold sections into patties. They will be soft.
- 4. Place on grill and cook 4 - 5 minutes per side until patties are done.
- 5. Place on top of your favorite roll.
Nutrition Per Serving is for patties only.
Calories: 186, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 4
Total Fat: 7.33g
Total Carbs: 7.61g
Dietary Fiber: 1.50g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.