There’s a reason why you won’t find me in the kitchen baking cookies, cakes and breads.
For the most part, I’m not good at it. Baking requires precision. I prefer to chop, drop and plop – not measure tiny spoonfuls of this and that to ensure my creations turn out light and fluffy.
But every once-in-awhile I decide to give baking another shot, as was the case with this easy quick bread inspired by my long time friend, Dr. Cookie.
As you can see I even took out my fancy mini bread pans for the occasion.
The fresh peaches sitting on the counter were the perfect addition to this quick bread recipe. I even sprinkled a few chia seeds on top for a splash of color.
Not a bad baking attempt for this non-baker. The bread came out of the oven fragrant and tender – perfect with a cup of coffee.
Have a terrific week!
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg whites
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 large peaches, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs, honey, coconut oil and milk in another bowl, then pour into the flour mixture. Combine well, then fold in peaches.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Calories: 279kcal Weight Watchers PointsPlus 7 Saturated fatty acids: 3.50g Monounsaturated fatty acids: 0.68g Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1.50g Total fat: 5.68g Calories from fat: 51 Cholesterol: 26mg Carbohydrate, by difference: 52.21g Total dietary fiber: 6.24g Protein: 8.37g
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content.
Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.