This fresh steamed asparagus recipe is from Women’s World magazine.
I love tarragon, and it works so well with asparagus. Fresh tarragon isn’t always available at a reasonable expense, so I used dried tarragon.
Be sure to half the amount of tarragon if you use dried. I found that it was best if I made the dressing before I started the main dish, so that it could sit and blend.
- 2 lemons
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 lbs. fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cut 8 strips from lemon peels and juice lemon.
- Whisk lemon juice, mustard and honey.
- Whisk in olive oil and stir in tarragon.
- Arrange asparagus into 8 piles. Tie into bundles with lemon peels and steam in steamer basket until crisp-tender.
- Remove asparagus from steamer basket when done and season with salt and pepper. Drizzles with sauce.
Nutrition Information: Calories 52, Fat 4g, Saturated fat 1g, Trans fat 0, Protein 1g, Carbohydrates 4g, Fiber 1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 126mg
Old WW Points 1