I’m not sure if these mouthwatering steak, potato, and blue cheese appetizers qualify as an appetizer or a meal. Either way, guests are happy and so am I!
For us cooks, entertaining family and friends should be a simple task, wouldn’t you think?
Not for me. I fret over every detail from planning the menu, to haunting the grocery store aisles until I find just the right ingredients. Then I slave over the stove and make an incredible mess of the kitchen.
I finally decided to turn over a new leaf and simplify my entertaining efforts. I was making myself crazy, and sending my husband over the edge with me.
I implemented my new entertaining style with this steak recipe that stacks colorful roasted potatoes, tomatoes, kale, tender flank steak and crumbly blue cheese. They can be served as an appetizer, or simply add a salad and crusty rolls to make it a meal.
I used simple ingredients, two cutting boards, one skillet and the grill. Now I call that an improvement. Happy cooking!
Serves Serves 8 appetizers, or 4 dinner servings144
- ½ pound flank steak, cooked and thinly sliced
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced and drained on a towel
- 8 tablespoons light sour cream
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 1. Heat the oven to 450. Toss potato slices with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and spread out on a non-stick cookie sheet. Roast for 20 - 25 minutes until tender and golden brown. Flip halfway through cooking to brown both sides of the potato.
- 2. In a medium non-stick skillet heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and add kale and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes to soften kale and wilt it.
- 3. Layer slices potato, tomato, kale, and beef. Then top with sour cream and blue cheese.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 144, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 4
Total Fat: 4.76g
Total Carbs: 14.18g
Dietary Fiber: 1.59g
Nutrition details obtained from whfoods.org, nutritiondata.com, about.com, and abouthomecooking.com. The statement made here are strictly my opinion and are not meant to replace medical advice from your physician. Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.