You can’t get much healthier than a recipe whose main ingredients are salmon and broccoli. This croquette recipe isn’t your typical fried version, so you can feel good about indulging.
There are so many foods that people fry that could be baked with a little cooking spray to come up with a darn good alternative with half the fat. These salmon croquettes are a tender and flavorful example of this skinified method of cooking. We dipped them in some light Ranch dressing, but you could dip them in anything you like, or just eat them as they are.
- 2 slices light bread, made into bread crumbs in food processor
- 1 can salmon filets, drained with skin and large bones removed
- 1 cup broccoli, finely chopped
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 large egg whites
- ½ small lemon, juiced
- 8 tablespoons light Ranch dressing
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese , shaved
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine salmon, broccoli, onion, garlic, mustard, bread crumbs, egg white and lemon.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and roll salmon mixture into 12 balls. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with salad of greens, tomatoes and cheese with Ranch dressing.
What’s good for me in this dish? Salmon is loaded with tryptophan, vitamin D, omega 3 fatty acids, selenium, protein, vitamins B3 and B12, phosphorus, and magnesium. Salmon is another powerhouse of nutrition that promotes brain health, heart health and blood pressure. Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable, and a powerhouse of nutrition. Vitamins C, K, A, folate, fiber, manganese, tryptophan and potassium help the body fight bladder, ovarian and prostate cancer. Broccoli is good for detoxification and stomach health; as well as cardiac and vision health. Wow! Calories: 304 Total Fat: 9.45g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 844mg Total Carbs: 21.61g Dietary Fiber: 4.85g Sugars: 3.09g Protein: 28.75g Old Weight Watchers PointsPlus 7
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.