A quick saute in an Instant Pot turns boneless skinless chicken breasts into a family-pleasing Mexican dinner with colorful peppers, pineapple and Cojita cheese.
My stepdad used to say I could eat chicken for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He was completely right. If it weren’t for the fact that I live with Mr. Mike, I might get away with a chicken eating frenzy.
Back to this 5 Ingredient Friday meal. When it comes to the Instant Pot (a fixture on my counter top these days), sautéing chicken breasts doesn’t get any easier. I can use one pot with no fuss.
Of course, you can always use a pan on the stove, so by no means do you have to have an Instant Pot to make this meal a success, I’m simply a fan. If I’m sautéing and the food isn’t cooking quickly enough, I put the lid on and pressure cook for a few minutes and problem solved.
Instant Pot Mexican Chicken Saute with Green Bell Pepper, Cojita Cheese and Cilantro
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large green bell pepper, seed and diced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 32 ounces salsa, Pineapple salsa or your favorite brand
- 8 tablespoons cojita cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the Instant Pot on saute mode, or a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and green peppers and cook for 6 - 8 minutes until softened. Stir often to keep from burning.
- Add chicken and continue to cook for another 5 - 6 minutes until chicken is cooked through, again, stirring frequently.
- Add salsa and bring to boil for 10 - 15 minutes to reduce liquids.
- Allow saute to cool for 5 minutes, then fold in 3/4 cup cilantro.
- Serve with cojita cheese and remaining cilantro.
Food energy: 395kcal
Weight Watchers Smart Points 11
Saturated fatty acids: 3.74g
Total fat: 12.05g
Carbohydrate, by difference: 19.93g
Total dietary fiber: 4.55g
Total sugars: 2.18g
FYI – you might enjoy this sweet and spicy round steak with peppers, tomatoes, and pineapple using the Instant Pot’s pressure cooker feature. If you’d like to purchase an Instant Pot, I bought mine on Amazon and can honestly say it is used a minimum of once a week in my kitchen.
Motherrimmy.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I only recommend products I use myself.