If Grandma makes it – it has to be good!
After all, she’s Grandma and if she say’s this recipe for roasted vegetable soup is a must try, then I believe her.
Every so often, a recipe captures my mother’s fancy and she sends it along with a note – “Kristi – you must try this!”
According to Grandma, “I always love to use my slow cooker, so I brought everything to a boil and transferred it to my slow cooker and cooked until all the vegetables were tender. I like the mix of flavors.”
Sounds good to me Grandma! I’ll follow your lead and add a piece of crusty whole grain bread for dipping! Happy cooking!
Grandma’s Roasted Vegetable Soup
* Recipe adpated from Michael Lomonaco
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1/2 onion, diced
2 turnips, peeled and diced
1/2 pint Brussels sprouts, cut in quarters
3 quarts vegetable broth (I used organic)
1 cup canned plum tomatoes, chopped
1 carrot diced
1 cup butter beans
1 cup frozen corn
Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup parsley leaves
1 clove garlic
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the vegetables in a generous amount of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven until done. When they have roasted, remove and transfer to the hot vegetable broth and canned tomatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and let the soup simmer untill all of the vegetables are tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Add the parsley leaves, garlic, extra virgin olive oil and Parmesan cheese to a blender and puree till smooth.
- Divide the soup among four to six bowls and serve with a drizzle of parsley pesto.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 151, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 4
- Total Fat: 5.94g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Sodium: 441mg
- Total Carbs: 20.48g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.64g
- Sugars: 5.05g
- Protein: 5.68g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.
Last updated byat .