Before we talk about this tasty turkey burger recipe, it’s time to announce the winners of last week’s Ball Canning Supplies giveaway.
And the winners are . . .
Jason Tinling wins the Ball Discovery Canning Kit.
Hester from Alchemy in the Kitchen, Khanh, Sarah Newton and Jamie win copies of the Blue Book Guide to Preserving. I’ll be contacting you to get your shipping information. Thank you for commenting and congratulations!
Now that we’ve gotten business out of the way, let’s talk about today’s turkey burgers with fresh corn salad.
I live in farm country, so needless to say, this time of year corn is abundant.
You’ll find it on the grill getting a lovely char, but just as often you’ll find it in fresh salads, scraped right off the cob. (Be sure to scrape your kernels off the cob on top of a towel, or you’ll find corn all over your kitchen days later. )
I didn’t stop at fresh corn for my salad, after all, zucchini and basil are at every farmers market I pass by. Doesn’t this look like a healthy summer salad?
I think corn and turkey are a match made in heaven, so I served my fresh corn salad with Italian turkey burgers on the side. My local grocer makes it easy to build a flavorful burger thanks to packages of pre-seasoned ground turkey.
There you are! A healthy summer meal in under thirty minutes – you can’t beat that!
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 16 ounces Italian ground turkey
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 ½ cups zucchini, chopped
- 16 ea grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 ear corn , kernels scraped from the cob
- 1 cup basil, loosely packed, then chopped
- 1 medium roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Combine turkey, Panko and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Divide into quarters and form into patties.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add patties, leaving room in-between and cook for 4 - 5 minutes per side until patties are no longer pink in the middle. Don't overcook or patties will be dry. Take off the heat a minute before you think they're done and they'll continue to cook until done.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl and chill while burgers cook, then serve with burgers.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 13
Saturated fatty acids: 6.27g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 7.77g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 4.91g
Total fat: 18.95g
Calories from fat: 170
Carbohydrate, by difference: 51.56g
Total dietary fiber: 9.15g
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content.
Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.