Get a healthy dinner on the table in 30 minutes with this savory cabbage, chard and kielbasa skillet.
One of the benefits of being a food blogger is the variety of foods we eat. A recipe blog wouldn’t be interesting if the author cooked the same meals post after post, would it?
When I started Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light, it would never have occurred to me to put a plate of braised cabbage on the table.
Thanks to the variety of vegetables I receive in my CSA, and the delectable recipes I find on other blogs, I’m always trying new things, and cooking cabbage as opposed to slicing it into a salad is one them.
The idea for this cabbage recipe came from a friend who makes braised cabbage all the time for her family. Pam serves it as a side dish, but I decided to turn it into one pan meal by adding spicy turkey kielbasa.
As I said, it’s an adventure every day when you’re a food blogger, and I’m enjoying the ride for sure! Happy cooking!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chard, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh, minced
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add oil and onion. Cook for 5 minutes until tender.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium low and add turkey kielbasa. Cook for 5 minutes until heated through.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 20 - 30 minutes until cabbage is soft. Add vegetable broth as needed to keep mixture moist.
- 4. Season with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 280, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 7
Total Fat: 17.74g
Total Carbs: 17.25g
Dietary Fiber: 3.27
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.