One of my favorite things in life is my garden. It’s true that I’m not a master at gardening. Often times my vegetables don’t always produce as fruitfully as I would like, but it’s still a lot of fun. The most rewarding part of vegetable gardening is eating what you’ve grown.
Tonight I picked kale. Lovely, leafy, green kale. My Weight Watcher’s cookbook had a terrific recipe that I modified just a bit by using garlic oil and thyme. Turned out to be a very yummy way to eat those greens!
- Kale with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil or garlic oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cups chopped kale, steamed until just wilted
- 1 tbs fresh thyme chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large non-stick skillet heat oil and saute shallots until translucent.
- Add 1/4 cup water, vinegar, thyme and mustard and bring to a boil.
- Stir in kale and toss to combine. Cook a few minute more until kale is your desired tenderness.
3 g fat
120 mg sodium
5 g fiber
Weight Watchers Points 1