Your guests will never guess these Easter holiday appetizers are healthier too!
Es For whatever reason, time got away from me this Easter season so our celebration will consist of last minute Easter holiday appetizers.
It’s been one of those months where my world has been in constant motion, and since the family has spread out in different directions for Easter, Mr. Mike and I will be sharing appetizers instead of a big family buffet.
With the appetizer theme in mind, I thought you might be in need of a few last minute ideas for your holiday gathering, so here we go . . .
Cucumbers make a refreshing vehicle for salmon, sour cream and cream cheese. Lemon adds zip.
Wonton wrappers make a fun presentation for mini ham and egg quiche.
When it comes to appetizers, hot and creamy dips with crunchy whole grain crackers are always a crowd pleaser, or in our case Mr. Mike pleaser. All you need to make this crab and artichoke dip is a can of crab, a can of artichokes, low fat cream cheese and low calorie mayonnaise. Stir in a nutty parmesan cheese and bake it in the oven.
You can see why this easy seafood dip is a family favorite!
We have an egg dish, and a couple of seafood dishes, so we need something spicy with chicken. These spicy Mexican inspired avocado and chicken rollups fit the bill.
That’s my menu plan for Easter. After all, it’s just the two of us this year, so why not keep it simple and enjoy each other’s company.
But just in case you’re in need of a few more ideas, I bet one of these dishes from my go-to healthy food bloggers will get your taste buds going.
- Gina over at skinnytaste has 25 skinny appetizers for you.
- Oh She Glows has a buffalo hummus that sounds like it would be incredible with ribs of crunchy celery.
- Jess over at Forgiving Martha has a collection of veggie and fruit filled appetizers to add a colorful splash to your holiday table.
- Amie Valpone’s Sweet Pea Shooters are definitely on my must-make list.
- If you’re a gluten free eater, Carol Kicinski over at Simply Gluten free has tons of ideas for you.
That’s it for today folks. Enjoy your Easter celebrations, and if you don’t celebrate Easter, have a happy, healthy weekend!