Don’t toss that piece of leftover steak! Stuff it into a pita pocket with mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes!
Before I share today’s tasty sandwich recipe with you, I’d like to ask for your help.
Don’t worry, nothing serious here, just a request for your honest feedback. After 4 years of blogging about healthy cooking, I’d love to hear your comments to get a fresh perspective on how I can improve this blog and its recipes.
Here are a few questions to get you started, then please feel free to jump in and leave a comment with your ideas and suggestions.
- What do you consider too many ingredients in a recipe?
- How detailed do you like instructions. Do you need a picture for each step, or are written directions good enough.
- How about video – would a video with a recipe be useful?
Now let’s talk about today’s recipe, along with a new segment called “Switch It Up!”
Summer is the perfect time for healthy salads, and we certainly eat our share. But after one too many vegetable filled meals, it’s time to take a break.
Leftover grilled steak is the perfect vehicle for this easy sandwich recipe. All we needed was whole grain pita pockets, a pile of mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes to get dinner on the table in no time flat.
Switch It Up!
No pita pockets? No worries! Whole grain tortillas work just as well, or even sour dough rolls, or hamburger buns.
Not in the mood to make a vinaigrette? A simple low calorie balsamic vinaigrette would be just fine.
No steak? I’m a chicken fanatic, so chicken works for me.
Now that we’ve talked food, let’s get back to my original request for your opinion. I hope you won’t be shy, and leave a comment below. I look forward to hearing from you.
Enjoy the upcoming weekend!
- ¼ cup garlic scapes, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup sun dried tomato, chopped
- 8 ounces steak, chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 ea Orowheat Pocket Thins, halved
- lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup fresh basil, leaves
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine garlic scapes, red onion, mushrooms, sun dried tomato, beef and parmesan in a bowl.
- In a blender combine basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Mix dressing into beef mixture.
- Layer lettuce into pockets of bread, then stuff each with 1/4 of the beef mixture.
Calories: 298kcal Weight Watchers PointsPlus 7 Saturated fatty acids: 4.15g Monounsaturated fatty acids: 4.16g Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.90g Total fat: 9.21g Calories from fat: 82 Cholesterol: 52mg Carbohydrate, by difference: 27.91g Total dietary fiber: 3.76g Protein: 25.27g
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content.
Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.