Leftover chicken makes these slender chicken enchiladas quick and easy to put on the dinner table.
It’s hard to make a light enchilada that tastes great, but these quick and easy enchiladas are pretty close. Just enough cheese to give you that satisfying cheesy taste, and lightened up with chicken breast and lots of veggies. Whole wheat tortillas keep the fat count down, and fiber count up.
Still a bit high in Weight Watchers points, but if you are craving enchiladas, these are really a much lighter version. Kids will love these!
- 4 ea whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 small limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 can diced Mexican flavored tomatoes
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 8 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 cup light Mexican cheese , shredded
- 1. Saute onion, peppers and garlic until tender in a non-stick skillet with olive oil.
- 2. Add tomato, chicken, lime juice, and chipotle. Heat through.
- 3. Cool and add 1/2 cup cheese.
- 4. Roll mixture in tortillas by place 1/4 of the mixture in the middle of a tortilla, fold the sides in, and then roll up from the bottom.
- 5. Cover with canned tomatoes and top with remaining cheese.
- 6. Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until heated through and bubbly.
- 7. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with light sour cream.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 18.86g
Total Carbs: 44.29g
Dietary Fiber: 3.67g
Old Weight Watchers Points 10
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.