My recent panini feast required a light dessert. Believe me, I would have had a very unhappy family if there wasn’t some kind of dessert on the menu.
This recipe from Gina’s Weight Watcher Recipes was perfect! I loved the combination of cream cheese, whipped cream, bananas, and a surprising ingredient (to me anyway) – sour cream.
Everyone was happy, including my daughter’s friends, who were kind enough to pose for a blog picture.
- Banana Cream Refrigerator Pie
- 9 inch reduced fat Graham Cracker Crust
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz Cool Whip Free
- 2 bananas sliced
- In a large bowl whip cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla and sugar until mixed well. Add Cool Whip and whip until smooth. Put banana slices on the crust, top with filling and chill for a few hours, until firm.
What’s good for me in this dish?
Bananas are high in vitamins B6 and C. They also contain potassium and a signifant amount of fiber and manganese. The potassium and fiber in bananas promote heart health and good blood pressure.
Calories: 216, Weight Watchers Points 5.5
Nutrition details obtained from whfoods.org, nutritiondata.com, about.com, and abouthomecooking.com I am not a licensed nutritionist, nor a medical professional, and do not mean this information as medical or nutrition advice. See your medical professional if you have questions regarding your nutritional needs.