I have a new challenge to come up with recipes with six ingredients like this minestrone soup. Since I get to make the rules, I don’t have to count olive oil, salt or pepper.
Now, you would think that at 49 years old I could count to six, wouldn’t you? Apparently not.Still, even with seven ingredients, this was an easy soup recipe to prepare. The mushrooms and beans really make this a “meaty” soup, which pleased my husband, and I loved the healthy ingredients.
- 1 ½ cups kale, chopped in small pieces
- 1 can navy beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushroom , sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauce until lightly browned. About 5 minutes.
- 2. Add kale and saute another 5 minutes until kale is softened. Add water if necessary to keep from burning.
- 3. Add tomatoes, broth, and Italian seasoning. Simmer another 20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- 4. Add beans and simmer another minute to heat through.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 7.55g
Total Carbs: 46.45g
Dietary Fiber: 10.72g
Weight Watchers Points 8