Chicken Salad with Quinoa, Apples, Goat Cheese and a Sweet Apricot Vinaigrette
I’ve already grumped about the weather in a previous post, but today I’m happy to report that Seattle has had glorious weather this week. Not only was the sky an incredible shade of blue, but you could step outside without a down jacket. Lovely!
Lovely enough to inspire this light, summery salad with a sweet and spicy apricot vinaigrette. Leftover chicken and quinoa provide the protein needed to turn this salad into a meal, and an earthy goat cheese ties it all together. If you have a few calories to spare for the day, I think slivered almonds would take this chicken salad recipe over the top.
Here’s hoping you’re enjoying a break in the weather too!
Serves 2 large salads
- 2 tablespoons sugar free apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cups chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1 large apple, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 medium green onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- 1. Combine jam, vinegar, water, dijon and oil in a blender and blend until combined.
- 2. Toss salad ingredients with dressing and serve.
Healthy cooking tip . . .
Quinoa can be purchased in the health food aisles of most grocery stores. Look for quinoa in the bulk bins. In most cases, it’s much cheaper to purchase in bulk than by the box.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 488, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 12
Total Fat: 14.73g
Total Carbs: 51.38g
Dietary Fiber: 7.54g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.