Chili is one of my favorite foods. It’s so full of filling, spicy ingredients.
This easy chili recipe fits right in with my cooking challenge of the month. With only six ingredients, the peppers, onions and chili seasoning add enough kick to make this a satisfying meal.
I used leftover turkey breast to keep the fat content down, but you could use ground turkey, chicken, pork or beef if that’s what you have available.
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 cans pinto beans, do not drain
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 tsp chili seasoning
- 2 medium green pepper , chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add oil and saute green pepper and onion for 5 minutes until tender.
- Combine remaining ingredients in dutch oven, or large saucepan, and simmer over medium low heat for one hour until chili reduces to a thick consistency.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 5.12g
Total Carbs: 46.34g
Dietary Fiber: 11.28g
Weight Watchers Points 6