Once again, Real Simple Magazine comes through for me. I signed up for their email newsletter, and I haven’t been disappointed.
Don’t you just love the colors in this meal?
Chop some meaty mushrooms, red pepper, and fresh, green spinach. Saute them in garlic and white wine, scraping up the bits from the pan after you’ve cooked your chicken breasts – the flavor in this easy chicken recipe is wonderful.
- * 2 tablespoons olive oil
- * 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- * kosher salt and black pepper
- * 1 pound button mushrooms, quartered
- * 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- * 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- * 1/2 cup dry white wine
- * 2 bunches spinach, thick stems removed (about 8 cups)
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1?2 teaspoon salt and 1?4 teaspoon pepper. Cook until browned and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- 2. Return the skillet to medium-high heat and heat the remaining tablespoon of oil. Cook the mushrooms and pepper, tossing, for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and wine and cook until the mushrooms are tender and the wine is nearly evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Toss in the spinach and 1?2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the chicken.
* Per Serving
* Calories 295
* Fat 11g
* Sat Fat 2g
* Cholesterol 94mg
* Sodium 615mg
* Protein 38g
* Carbohydrate 7g
* Fiber 2g
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 5
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.