This spring-fresh asparagus salad boasts big Mediterranean flavors with garlic, oregano and feta cheese.
I often daydream about what I’m going to make for dinner. Knowing I had a fresh bunch of asparagus, I pondered what I could pair it with to make a tasty meal knowing that Mr. Mike is not a fan of my favorite veggie.
After my salad was assembled, my husband ate not one, but two servings – though I’m guessing if I’d skipped the feta cheese he’s have been an unhappy hubby!
Super Easy Mediterranean Asparagus Salad with a Dijon Oregano Vinaigrette
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 bunch asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces to equal 3 cups
- 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 plum tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbs fresh oregano, or 1 tsp dried
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Toss dressing with asparagus, onion, tomato and feta.
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 2g