There isn’t an easier way to make a wholesome meal than to cook your dinner in packets.
If you cut foil or parchment paper into big squares, then top it with a piece of chicken or fish and a colorful variety of vegetables, you’ll have a fresh and flavorful meal on the table in no time flat.
And if you’re the cook in the family, not only is this recipe easy, but it’s fun to pull together too.
Mediterranean ingredients make a terrific packet meal. Classic combinations like olives, lemon and fresh herbs add flavor with very few calories.
Low calorie meals in a packet have everything you need in a meal. Protein, healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants in the form of colorful veggies.
As promised – a meal in a packet. Can’t beat that, and if you need more packet recipe ideas, check out She Know’s, for a fantastic packet cooking how-to.
Happy, healthy cooking!
20 minPrep Time
60 minTotal Time
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, 4 large thighs
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, Not packed in oil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, small
- ? cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 small lemon zest
- ½ small lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 4 cups lentils, cooked and drained
- 8 tablespoons low fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cut parchment paper into 4 very large squares. You want enough paper to fold chicken and lentils into a packet.
- Combine red onion, green pepper, tomatoes, red pepper, capers, olives, lemon zest, lemon juice, and oregano in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread out parchment paper and top with 1/2 cup lentils. Top lentils with one chicken thigh, then 1/4 salad mixture. Fold paper over the top and then fold over in 1 inch sections. Then fold each end in the same manner. Then I secure the ends under the chicken. (See picture as an example.)
- Bake for 45 min - 1 hour until chicken is cooked through. I unfolded one packet to check chicken doneness after 30 minutes, then lightly folded it back up to finish off the cooking time.
- Unfold packets and top with feta cheese.
Calories: 454 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 10 Total Fat: 9.31g Cholesterol: 110mg Sodium: 524mg Total Carbs: 48.69g Dietary Fiber: 18.05g Sugars: 6.75g Protein: 44.08g Sugars: 6.97g Protein: 44.18g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.
If you’re looking for healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.