This is a super easy shrimp salad with healthy avocado and feta cheese served in a fun avocado shell.
The only time I’ll eat shrimp is when it’s tossed into a salad. Mr. Mike thinks I’m crazy and he’s probably right. After all, I don’t know many people who’ll turn down this seafood delight.
Notice how I’ve incorporated baby shrimp into salads with creamy sauces and flavorful ingredients, like this version with farro, cucumber and dill.
I’m comprising for the sake of my marriage, and adding shrimp to a salad I would have tossed chicken into. (I love chicken!)
The leftovers from this shrimp salad with a spicy chili garlic dressing turned into a tasty appetizer the next day.
Mike was happy, and any dish with crusty bread makes me happy.
But I have to say, this avocado packed shrimp salad with fresh oregano, tomatoes, lemon, capers and feta cheese almost makes me want to switch camps from shrimp avoider to shrimp lover.
By the way, I will eat shrimp if it’s deep fried with a ton of breading, but somehow, that doesn’t do much for my waistline.
A creamy shrimp salad with Mediterranean flavors stuffed into an avocado.
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 medium avocado, look for larger medium sized that are ripe
- 2 cups shrimp, salad sized shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 2 large roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 large garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup low fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Half the avocados and remove the seeds. Scoop out the flesh, then chop into pieces. Reserve the shells.
- In a large bowl place the remaining ingredients and combine gently.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then chill for 15 minutes.
- Scoop shrimp salad into avocado shells and serve.
Food energy: 314kcal
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 7
Saturated fatty acids: 4.49g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 7.70g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1.64g
Total fat: 13.82g
Calories from fat: 124
Carbohydrate, by difference: 12.01g
Total dietary fiber: 5.35g
Total lipid (fat): 16.56g
Total sugars: 2.99g