On Monday, as we remember those who have died in service to our country, at our Memorial Day barbecue we’ll be serving up a few lower calorie barbecue recipes to share with family and friends like this refreshing Asian Kale salad.
And since not everyone appreciates kale’s leafy greens, we’ll add this easy pasta salad to the table too.
If we don’t grill up a juicy burger, I’m guessing there will be a mass exodus out the door, so these beef burgers stuffed with provolone and mushrooms ought to do the trick!
As for me, I’ll opt for this lower calorie grilled chicken recipe. The marinade is amazing – orange juice, brandy, molasses and hot pepper sauce to give it a little kick.Brandy Grilled Chicken
Now all we need is a plate of grilled peaches for dessert and everyone will be happy, including us weight watching folks.
Enjoy, and don’t forget your sunscreen. Hopefully, we’ll need some here in Seattle too!
20 minTotal Time
- 2 cups English cucumber, diced
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 cups kale, chopped
- 1 medium orange , juiced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ inch piece ginger, finely minced
- ½ cup almonds, slivered
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (I used black rice from PCC)
- Combine cucumber, onion and kale in a large bowl.
- Combine orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, honey, vinegar and ginger in a small bowl.
- Toss dressing over kale and and add rice (use your judgement as to how well dressed you want your salad).
- Toss in almonds and season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 328 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 9 Total Fat: 11.07g Cholesterol: -- Sodium: 193mg Total Carbs: 50.22g Dietary Fiber: 7.65g Sugars: 7.68g Protein: 10.66g
If you’re looking for healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.