If you’ve been reading my blog, then you know that I adore quinoa.
Quinoa tends to grow all by itself. I usually have enough leftover from one dish, to make another meal. In this case and easy Mexican salad.
(Not the best picture, but time was at a premium.)
This quinoa salad is high in protein and fiber, and has a really great kick. You could easily serve this as a simple supper with baked tortilla chips on the side.
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn
- 1 can chopped jalapeno peppers
- ½ small onion, diced
- ½ large green pepper , diced
- 2 large roma tomato, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 recipe Lime and Jalapeno Dressing
- Combine ingredients and chill.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.33g
Total Carbs: 70.74g
Dietary Fiber: 11.30g
Old Weight Watchers Points 7
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.