This quick and easy baked egg dish with zucchini and tomatoes is on the dinner table in minutes.
I forgot to take something out for dinner tonight, and I couldn’t face another salad and didn’t want to stop at the store on the way home. There is always something you can pull together if you have eggs and vegetables. I had zucchini and tomato. I could have made the usual omelet or egg scramble, but I wanted to try something different. I decided to make a baked omelet.
Layering the veggies and topping them with cheese and egg, I baked them in the oven until they were just set.
Topped with parsley and sour cream, I really think this turned out to be a pretty supper.
You could easily replace sliced mushrooms for the zucchini if you aren’t a fan of zucchini. Spinach would work great too. If you use zucchini, add a small pinch of nutmeg. Yum!
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup swiss cheese low fat, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 medium plum tomato, seeded and sliced
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp light sour cream
- ½ tablespoon parsley, chopped
- ½ cup zucchini, sliced
- Heat oven to 350.
- Heat non-stick pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray and add olive oil. Saute onion for one minute. Add zucchini and garlic and saute until tender approximately 5 minutes.
- Whip eggs with thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In small baking dish layer sliced tomato, zucchini and onion mixture, and swiss cheese. Pour egg over top.
- Bake 30 minutes until middle is just set. Do not over-cook, or egg will become rubbery
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 10.61g
Total Carbs: 6.56g
Dietary Fiber: 1.24g
Weight Watchers Points 5
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission