I served this light and creamy coleslaw recipe with salmon croquettes the other night.
I was tempted to serve baked fries, but it’s been pretty warm in Seattle, so a refreshing salad was more appealing. The Cajun seasoning adds a nice kick to your typical coleslaw.
Mother Rimmy’s Cajun Slaw
- Mother Rimmy's Cajun Slaw
- 4 cups tri-color coleslaw with carrot, red cabbage and green cabbage
- ½ cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ small avocado, very ripe
- ½ cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp Cajun seasoning, more if you like
- Combine coleslaw, red onion, and cilantro.
- Blend yogurt, avocado, sugar, lemon and cajun seasoning. You can add more spice if you'd like.
- Mix dressing and cabbage and chill for 30 minutes until flavors blend.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.00g
Total Carbs: 12.50g
Dietary Fiber: 4.53g
Weight Watchers Points 1