Every week I’m inspired by the healthy cooks I encounter in the food blogging world, so I decided to share my picks of the week with you.
These healthy recipes have landed on my must-make list. I recognize that my version of “healthy” might be different than yours, but I’ll bet something here will please you, and maybe make your list of must-make recipes too.
One of my favorite meals is roasted asparagus with poached eggs. However, my eggs don’t turn out nearly as beautiful as John’s at Kitchen Riffs. Notice their crazy shapes in the picture below? Overcooked too! Head over to Kitchen Riffs and learn how to make a beautiful poached egg.
If poached eggs aren’t your thing, then maybe one of these healthy recipes will inspire you this week . . .
- I’m a new convert to the pleasures of chia seeds. Angie’s Berry Chia Pudding sounds like an antioxidant packed dessert choice, doesn’t it?
- I always have bags of spinach on hand, so this Whole Wheat Linguine with Spinach Herb Pesto from The Picky Eater looks like a tasty way to use it up. I’ll bet kale would work well too.
- Eat Yourself Skinny always has amazing food photos, and her Chickpea and Tomato Salad will make a perfect weekday lunch.
- This Thai Kale Salad from The Edible Perspective will get topped with a pile of shrimp at my house this week. The orange and maple she’s added to her peanut dressing sounds amazing.
- It can’t be all about the veggies, or my husband would jump ship. This Chicken and Biscuit Casserole from Healthy Seasonal Recipes will put to good use last week’s csa veggies, and make Mike a happy camper. Top any meal with a roll or bread and he thinks he’s died and gone to heaven.
So there you are! Thanks to these healthy cooks, we’ll be eating well.
Happy, healthy cooking!