These scrambled egg sandwiches with baby spinach and melted cheese make a healthy meal you can serve in minutes.
Sorry honey! I have no time to cook. There’s no food in the house, and the cat took off with the package of hamburger I had on the counter for your dinner, so you get scrambled eggs for dinner.
This was my conversation with Mr. Mike the other day. Work is crazy – school is crazy – and I want to catch up with my foodie friends. So, honey, it’s scrambled egg sandwiches tonight. I know you love me anyway.
Truth? Mike loved these simple scrambled egg sandwiches topped with spinach and cheddar cheese. Choose a whole grain, nutty bread to up the nutrition and the flavor.
My recommendation? Take a night off and cook something incredibly simple. Your family will love you just the same.
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 slices light whole wheat bread
- 1. Whip eggs and cook in a non-stick skillet over medium heat with butter.
- 2. Take bread and sprinkle with cheese. Top with spinach and then eggs.
- 3. Wipe skillet clean and spray with cooking spray. Toast sandwich on both sides until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 263, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 7
Total Fat: 10.55g
Total Carbs: 21.74g
Dietary Fiber: 5.85g