Before I share today’s lamb chop recipe, I want to remind you that I’m giving away 4 copies of Rocco DiSpirito’s Now Eat This! Diet book, along with a sneak peak at his favorite low calorie lasagna recipe! Just follow the link and leave a comment. Winners will be announced on Friday, March 4th, so don’t miss this opportunity for a book with solid diet advice and loads of mouthwatering recipes.
Everyone has different tastes when it comes to food. I always find it interesting to hear what people like and don’t like. For example, my coworker can’t stand tomatoes unless they are cooked to oblivion. She picks anything red off her plate and throws it in the trash. My husband thinks curry dishes taste like soap, and I am not a fan of lamb. I find the flavor of the meat too gamey for me.
Lucky for Mike, I’m willing to cook most anything, whether it appeals to me or not. Using the same baking method I use for pork chops works just as well for lamb, so I coated my chops with dijon and mayonnaise, packed them into panko bread crumbs and baked them in the oven after a quick pan fry to brown both sides.
Since we all know I love to eat, I must admit I had a small piece of lamb. I still prefer pork or chicken, but a lamb chop here or there never hurt me.
- 1 pound lamb chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme, minced
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ? tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick, oven proof skillet.
- 3. Combine mayonnaise, mustard, water, oregano and thyme in a small bowl.
- 4. Combine panko, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- 5. Brush chops with mayonnaise mixture and press into panko crumbs on both sides.
- 6. Fry chops in pan on both sides to brown for 3 - 5 minutes per side. Then remove to oven to finish cooking for 10 - 15 minutes until chops are cooked to desired doneness. They should be slightly pink for medium.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 455, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 11
Total Fat: 28.62g
Total Carbs: 12.79g
Dietary Fiber: 1.29g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.