I’m a sucker for pretty dishes, they’re the perfect way to showcase these almond cookies.
I can’t resist stopping at garage sales or second hand stores where I always find something useful for pennies. As far as I’m concerned, the saying “one man’s junk is another man’s treasure” is true. I have cupboards full of serving dishes of all shapes and sizes, and colorful platters that someone else thought was trash.
This pretty dish is part of a set I found at the local discount store. I love it’s shape, and soft colors. Perfect to show off my first attempt at my own cookie recipe.
I’m not a fan of peanut butter, so lately I’ve taken to organic almond butter. There is nothing in it but almonds. Delicious with a crisp slice of apple, even better as a cookie.
I can’t say these are low calorie cookies because they aren’t. This is my treat of the week, and I’m going to enjoy it. Ice cream and all.
Have a great week!
Serves 12 cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 12 ea almonds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine butter, almond butter, vanilla and egg in a medium bowl.
- Add brown sugar, baking soda and flour and mix until combined.
- Roll into 1" balls and place on a cookie sheet 2" apart.
- Press into a flat ball and place an almond on top.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes until cookie is lightly browned and cooked through.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 13.42g
Total Carbs: 20.37g
Dietary Fiber: 2.55g
Old Weight Watchers Points 5