Naturally, my contest entry has to be as healthy as possible, and O Olive Oil with their uniquely infused citrus oils make that task incredibly easy.
After all, olive oil is a healthful staple for any pantry!
My contest entry is this luscious fruit salad recipe – perfect for a summer barbecue.
This easy fruit salad takes advantage of the freshest berries, and combines them with a subtly sweet clementine and honey vinaigrette, fresh mint and crunchy walnuts.
But why stop at fruit salad when one person’s salad could easily become another person’s dessert?
O Olive Oil’s White Balsamic Vinegar makes a very smooth reduction, and a slightly tart foil for all that sweet fruit perched on top of a slice of pound cake.
I’ve decided my contest entry is both a salad for us weight watching folks, and a tasty treat for dessert lovers.
Thank you to Dave at eRecipeCards and O Olive Oil for a fun opportunity to enjoy a terrific product. I’ll be a fan for a long time to come.
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup walnut halves and pieces
- ¼ cup O Clementine Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons O Olive Oil White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 medium clementines, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 medium clementines, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups organic blueberries
- 2 cups organic strawberries, quartered
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add one tablespoon sugar and walnuts to the dry pan. Stirring constantly watch carefully as the sugar melts and nuts start to caramelize and toast. They can burn very quickly. Remove from the heat and allow to cool, periodically stirring to keep them from burning until the pan cools. Set aside.
- Combine O Clementine Olive Oil with O Olive Oil White Balsamic Vinegar, pinch of sea salt, the zest and juice of one clementine and honey in a jar and shake to combine.
- Place fruit in a large bowl and gently toss with 1/2 the vinaigrette. Taste the fruit and add more dressing if needed. Remember that the fruit will macerate in the bowl, so you don't want to overdress the fruit.
- Place in the refrigerator for 15 - 30 minutes to chill.
- Toss with mint and toasted nuts.
- TO SERVE WITH BALSAMIC REDUCTION:
- Combine 1 cup O Olive Oil White Balsamic Vinegar with 1 tablespoon sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, the reduce heat and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes until the vinegar has a syrup-like consistency. Cool and serve drizzled over fruit and pound cake.
Calories do not include cake. Calories: 266 Weight Watchers Points Plus 7 Total Fat: 16.66g Cholesterol: -- Sodium: 51mg Total Carbs: 28.54g Dietary Fiber: 4.04g Sugars: 21.47g Protein: 3.29g
I’ve decided my contest entry is both a salad and a dessert and want to thank Dave at eRecipeCards and O Olive Oil for a fun opportunity to enjoy a terrific product. I’ll be a fan for a long time to come.
Happy, healthy cooking!
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.